Paper: Rhodia #18 Grid Lines, Georgia Pacific 75g, Hammermill 90g, Sustainable Earth by Staples
Private Reserve American Blue is my go to blue ink. It is a very well behaved blue ink and I have had no issues with it in any pens. It works great with all the papers I use. I found some feathering and show-through when writing on cheap paper, but it's not too bad. It does have a long dry time in general compared to other inks. Overall I really enjoy Private Reserve American Blue and it makes writing jump of the page.
Here are some thoughts:
- Flow: I have used this ink in lots of pens and have never had a problem.
- Saturation: SO BLUE!
- Shading: A little shading but nothing special.
- Dry Time: Dry times are a little slow. On Rhodia paper it's a little over ten seconds for the ink to dry.
- Show-through and Feathering: I had a little feathering on the cheap copy paper but that was expected. I did have some show-through on both copy papers and Sustainable Earth paper but nothing to be worried about.
- Waterproofness: Not very waterproof.
Thank you for reading!